AJAC’s Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) – Operator Training
Don’t spend extra time and money sending your CMM operators out for training. Let AJAC bring its employer-driven training to you with its Advanced Inspection and Manufacturing Mobile Training Unit (AIM-MTU). While aboard the AIM-MTU, your employees will receive hands-on practice setting up, calibrating, operating and maintaining a CMM. AJAC’s highly skilled manufacturing instructors from industry will travel to your company and train your employees on your schedule, and according to your business needs – all without stopping production!
|Course Length||Maximum Number of Students per Class||Course Format|
|8 hours||8 students||Instructor-led classroom course held on AJAC’s Advanced Inspection and Manufacturing Mobile Training Unit (AIM-MTU)|
The CMM Operator course will introduce your employees to the theory, application and best practices of CMM inspection techniques.
Through hands-on practice and instructor guidance, your employees will demonstrate on a Brown & Sharpe Hexagon Metrology CMM how to:
- Startup and configure PC-DMIS software
- Setup, calibrate and operate a CMM to perform an inspection
- Measure and set alignments within PC-DMIS software
- Apply measuring concepts when using GD&T and CAD
- Calculate the Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) to accommodate for temperature fluctuations during inspection
- Use proper probing techniques, to record and report measurements in PC-DMIS software
- Maintain consistent, and accurate, measurements using best practices with the CMM
This course is for employers and employees working in the manufacturing industry in Washington State.
Your employees will demonstrate their understanding of how to setup, calibrate, operate and maintain the CMM by accurately inspecting the provided AJAC Inspection Plate and reporting the results for verification.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive AJAC’s certificate of completion.
Train Your Employees on Location. Get Started!