AJAC’s Portable Coordinate Measuring Machine (PCMM) – Operator Course
Don’t spend extra time and money sending your PCMM operators out for training. Let the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) bring its employer-driven training and state-of the-art equipment to you – providing your employees hands-on practice setting up, calibrating, operating and maintaining a PCMM. AJAC’s highly skilled manufacturing instructors from industry will travel to your company and train your employees on your schedule, and according to your business needs – all without stopping production!
|Course Length||Maximum Number of Students per Class||Course Format|
|8 hours||8 students||Instructor-led classroom course held at your Washington State company or on AJAC’s Advanced Inspection and Manufacturing and Mobile Training Unit (AIM-MTU).|
AJAC’s Portable Coordinate Measuring Machine (PCMM) Operator class will introduce your employees to the theory, application and best practices of PCMM inspection techniques.
Through hands-on practice and instructor guidance, your employees will demonstrate on a Hexagon Metrology ROMER Arm how to perform the following:
- Startup and configure PC-DMIS software
- Setup, calibrate and operate a PCMM to perform an inspection
- Measure and set alignments within PC-DMIS software
- Calculate the Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) to accommodate for temperature fluctuations during inspection.
- Apply measuring concepts when using GD&T and CAD
- Use proper probing techniques to record and report measurements in PC-DMIS software
- Maintain consistent, and accurate, measurements using best practices with the PCMM
This course is for employers and employees working in the manufacturing industry in Washington State.
Your employees will demonstrate their understanding of how to setup, calibrate, operate and maintain the PCMM by accurately inspecting the provided AJAC Inspection Plate and reporting the results for verification.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive AJAC’s certificate of completion.
Train Your Employees on Location. Get Started!